Whether you are new to home buying or are an old pro, a Calgary Custom Home Builder can be your best friend. Always helpful and friendly, they can and will assist you in your essential home buying needs. A custom built home is one of the best ways to express yourself, personality and style. Choosing to build a more environment friendly home is a commendable endeavor indeed. You won’t need to feel overwhelmed by all the choices, because a knowledgeable Calgary Custom Home Builder associate will be there to assist you in every step of the building process.
After purchasing the perfect building site for your new home,one of the things to really consider when trying to go green when building is square footage.In green thinking less is best. Try to think about how much space you truly need to be happy versus all that extra space that you just want that will more than likely in the long run be a complete and total waste. Once you have the square footage down pat, then you can start thinking about various energy and environment friendly items to enhance your new home.
Here are a few environment friendly home additions, precautions or actions you may want to consider when you are planning your new home. They can be a real budget saver.
- Energy efficient windows: These can significantly contribute to the overall heating and cooling of your new home. Lower energy bills are always a welcome by-product.
- Solar panels: these can help you harness the power of the sun to further reduce your energy bills.
- Tankless water heaters: As a homes energy budget hog heating water can account for almost 30% of a homes energy bills. Tankless water heaters are on average 22% more energy efficient than a regular tanked water heater. Another water heater option you may want to look into is solar powered water heaters.
- Bamboo Flooring: Bamboo floors are really environmentally friendly. The bamboo flooring is a good alternative to regular wood flooring because bamboo is a quickly renewable crop. Made with safe resins, they have very low formaldehyde emissions and make excellent floors for healthy homes. They are good for allergy sufferers too as they do not promote dust or harbor dust mites that can drive you crazy.
- Sheep’s Wool Insulation: If you decide to insulate your home with sheep’s wool, you will not need to adjust your heating or cooling activities as often as you would have to with other types of materials and that saves you money. The good thing about wool based insulation is the fact that in addition to keeping your house warmer in the night and cooler during the day, it is also more fire resistant than your other basic options for insulation.
- Metal Roofing: One good advantage of using metal roofing is that at the end of its purported life cycle, it can be recycled.Metal roofs can generally last up to a whopping 50 years. Roof replacement becomes less frequent with a metal roof as opposed to other types of roofing materials. The less you have to replace your roofing means less waste in the long run. Metal roofs also tend to offer quite exceptional durability and fire resistance.
Think about how green do you want to be? If you simply want to have an energy efficient house, you may be well to think about Energy Star Appliances in addition to the above mentioned items. Every penny saved is a penny earned, like grandma always said.
A homeowner will be greatly benefited by owning a much sought after green home. Besides being the envy of all their friends and neighbors,a green homeowner will have a more eco friendly ,efficient house for almost the same price as a more conventional home. So let a Calgary Custom Home Builder agent help you into the home of your dreams today, you will not be sorry.